Thursday, November 03, 2005

Fall downer

The move to Buffalo has reminded me how much I missed "real" fall. Fall in D.C. is when the temperature finally drops below 80, but it only lasts a week before it goes down to 40 and stays there. I love the multi-colored leaves and crisp bite in the air. I love wearing a sweater and a scarf, but no jacket, to go out to dinner.

But the change of season has made us all sick. Darling fiance, angel babe and I all have the scratch throats and aching bodies. Last night, on my mother's recommendation, we all drank a glass of "Emergen-C," a highly concentrated vitamin C, zinc etc. powder that you add to water--in addition to the 4 time-release vitamin C caplets I swallowed yesterday and today.

Do I feel better? Marginally. The biggest effect is my pee is neon yellow.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emergen-C is a favorite of mine when dealing with 'the flue'. I usually consume two packets during breakfast, lunch and dinner, for a few days. Which flavor did you sample?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Rissa Roo said...

I tried raspberry. Not too bad. It seemed to help a bit with the ucky sluggish feeling, but my throat is still scratchy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home