Thursday, July 28, 2005

Thank you

Tomorrow is my last day of work. I have worked for this organization and this boss for nearly eight years--my entire adult life. When I started here as an intern in August 1997 I was 20 years old, I knew nothing and was unsure of my abilities.

This organization is amazing and my boss and colleagues are phenomenal. I was so fortunate to end up here, from the time I started I was always treated like an important part of the team--not like a 20 year old not yet out of college. My opinion was always solicited even if it wasn't always listened to. I have always been invited to participate in the meetings with the "big boys," I always had a seat at the table. I was judged on my performance, knowledge and abilities; not my age or gender. In any other organization it would have taken me years to move from copying and filing to strategizing, lobbying and implementing.

I am sad that I am leaving, these people have been my family in DC, but I am excited to move on and I know that this is the right time. But I know that I wouldn't have the confidence to go to law school and conquer all of the challenges that lay ahead of me if it hadn't been for Mark and Bobby believing in me, supporting me and mentoring me for all of these years. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home