Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hole In One

I am attempting two firsts this week--first time posting a picture on my blog and first time making this cake.
Hole-in-One_Cake
I am tackling it for Father's Day. I promised Angel baby boy that I would make it and Father's day seems like a good occasion, since darling “GA's” dream is for us to golf as a family. I'm trying and I like it, but I'm just, as he would say, “not very good with space.”

When I was young the only sports that I "excelled" at (if you could even call it that) don't involve hitting a ball with another object-- swimming, gymnastics, soccer (sort of)--sports that don’t suit my aptitudes include: softball, tennis, golf--you get the idea. A game involving a ball and any kind of stick is not the game for me. Come to think of it I suck at basketball too—I think it’s the spatial skills problem again. I was bad at mazes as a child too. Wow, now that I think about it it’s a damn good thing I went to a high school that let everyone join the varsity soccer team and the student body valued academic prowess as well as, if not more than, athletic talents. The funny thing is my son is fantastic at sports and has great hand-eye coordination, certainly not from my genes. He can hit a baseball better than I ever could, but I’m going to bake best golf-themed cake ever!!

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger caseyoconnell said...

That looks cool--how did it turn out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home